English Degree Programmes
Bachelor and Master level : 29th March
PhD level : 16th April
Applications for Bc / MSc studies are accepted from 10th January (please do not send them earlier) until 29th March.
Firstly, scanned copies of applications materials shall be sent to email@example.com . Please note that the application form shall be sent in Word format (.doc). All documents shall be sent together in one e-mail, each of them properly named and sent as a separate attachment.
Secondly, after you receive a confirmation email please send hard copies of your application documents.
R Applications received after the deadline or applications delivered in incorrect form or style will be disregarded.
The required application documents include :
- Application form for Bachelor / Master or Doctoral students; via email please send filled-in application in Word format (.doc). With the hard copy, there must be a recent photo attached and the application form must be stamped and signed by the relevant person of the educational institution you attended prior to / at the time of your application.
- Diploma with Diploma supplement (Master degree applicants) OR Graduation certificate with Transcript of records (Bachelor degree applicants), i.e. the list of all subjects studied in last 4 years at secondary school, including the number of hours for individual subjects. Example of a suitable Transcript is available here >
- Recognition (Nostrification) certificate of your previous education must be submitted by the date of Enrollment at the latest
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of English language knowledge
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport (only the page with your picture and personal data)
- Certified translation of Birth certificate or similar document providing evidence of date and place of birth (NOT an ID or passport).
- Recent Health certificate >(not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution
- List of publications and other outcomes of scientific work (relevant for PhD applicants only)
All application documents must be originals or oficially certified / notarized copies, verified along with > international agreements. They must be accompanied with a translation into English or Czech (also certified/notarized), if in any other language. Simple copies are not considere afficial documents and will not be accepted.
Recetly there is no online application, hard copies of the above mentioned documents shall be sent by regular mail to:
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
Department of International Relations
166 28 Praha 6
UCT Prague reserves the right to refuse an Application provided all the above-mentioned enclosures are not delivered and are not in the required form and style
More information regarding the application materials
only originals / certified copies of Diploma with Diploma Supplement or Graduation Certificate with Transcript of Records can be submitted for Nostrification. The Diploma / Graduation certificate must be verified for international use in the country which issued the document > along with international agreements
Applicants for Bachelor Degree Programme
Applicants are supposed to have completed secondary education at a level equivalent to Czech secondary education and possess required qualifications. Whether the education acquired outside the Czech Republic is equivalent will be determined by the means of Nostrification, which is executed by Prague City Hall. For more information see Recognition of Education Required Outside the Czech Republic or read a manual on How to proceed.
Make sure you sumbit you application for Nostrification timely as the processing time can reach up to 60 days.
Applicants for Master / Doctoral Degree Programme
Applicants are supposed to have acquired Bachelor / Master degree in a related field of study. The level of their university degree must be equivalent to the level of a Czech university Bachelor / Master degree. Whether the education acquired outside the Czech Republic is equivalent will be determined by the means of Nostrification, which can be executed by a public university that runs a study programme similar in terms and content, i.e. the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague. For more information see Recognition of Education Required Outside the Czech Republic or read a manual on How to proceed
Nostrification fee of 3 000,- CZK must be paid before the process starts. Make sure you pay the fee timely to avoid processing delays. For payment information please visit our website.
Certificate of English language knowledge
UCT Prague requires students to have a good command of English in order to study successfully. You must provide us with proof of your English language skills.
Non-Native English Speaker
non-native speakers are required to prove the language competence of B2+ according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Recognised Certificates are Cambridge ESOL: minimum PET/FCE, TOEFL iBT: minimum score 80, IELTS: minimum band score 5.0
Other Acceptable Formats:
> Confirmation of language knowledge confirmed by a language center or a language school. The confirmation will only be accepted if it confirms the minimum language level B2 and above)
Native English Speakers
Students whose mother tongue is English or who study a degree programme in English at their home university are excluded from this obligation.
The selection procedure of all applications takes place at UCT Prague during May. The application materials will be assessed to determine successful applicants. Applicants shall be notified about their acceptance / non-acceptance by the end of May (Bachelor and Master) OR by the end of June (PhD).
Applicants who will have to sit an interview will be notified in advance. Interviews will be held in the period of 1st May - 31st May.