PhD application deadline: all year round (NO application deadline)
Academic documents such as diplomas and transcripts of coursework completed by the time of your application (i.e. Transcripts of Records) are extremely important for your admission to UCT Prague and for our professors in providing assistance and advice regarding the degree programmes.
The required application documents include :
- Application form for Doctoral students signed by UCT Thesis supervisor (for more information see the bottom of the page)
- Diploma with Diploma Supplement or Graduation Certificate with Transcript of Records (the list of all subjects studied in last 3 years, proving extent and content of programme, incl. the number of lessons). Only certified copies of the originals are acceptable, i.e. stamped by the educational institute, officially translated into English (where applicable) and verified according to the international agreements
- Recognition (Nostrification) Certificate of your previous education
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of English language knowledge
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport
- Certified translation of Birth Certificate or similar document providing evidence of date and place of birth.
- Recent Health certificate >(not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution
- List of publications and other outcomes of scientific work
All application documents must be originals or oficially certified / notarized copies, verified along with international agreements. They must be accompanied with a translation into English or Czech (also certified/notarized), if in any other language.
Recetly there is no online application, hard copies of the above mentioned documents shall be sent by regular mail to:
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
Department of International Relations
166 28 Praha 6
UCT Prague reserves the right to refuse an Application provided all the above-mentioned enclosures are not delivered and are not in the required form and style.
More Information Regarding the Application Materials
Recognition (Nostrification) of Diploma with Diploma Supplement or Graduation Certificate with Transcript of Records
Applicants are supposed to have acquired Master degree in either the same or related field of study. The level of their university degree must be equivalent to the level of a Czech university Master degree (i.e. MSc or MA). Whether the education acquired outside the Czech Republic is equivalent will be determined by the means of Nostrification, which can be executed by a public university that runs a study programme similar in terms and content, i.e. the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague. For more information see Recognition of Education Required Outside the Czech Republic or read a manual on How to proceed
Certificate of English Language knowledge
UCT Prague requires that you have a good command of English in order to study successfully. You must provide us with proof of your English language skills.
Non-Native English Speaker
The minimum requirement is level B1, preferably B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Cambridge ESOL: minimum PET/FCE
TOEFL iBT: minimum score 80
IELT6S: minimum band score 5.0
Other Acceptable Formats (if you do not have any internationally-recognised certificate):
Certificate issued by a language school (accepted only if it confirms the minimum langauge skills level B1-B2)
> Confirmation of language knowledge issued by a language center or a language school in case the student does not have any of the official documents mentioned above
Native English Speakers
Students whose mother tongue is English or who study a degree programme in English at their home university are exempted from this obligation.
Dissertation Thesis Supervisor
All PhD applicats are expected to find a supervisor for their Dissertation Thesis.
Contact the Dean's Office with your Transcript of Records,CV and motivational letter specifying the research topic you are interested in and they shall help you search for a suitable dissertation supervisor. Please contact :
Faculty of Chemical Technology: b Ales.Helebrant@vscht.cz
Faculty of Environmental Technology: b Josef.Blazek@vscht.cz
Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology: b Pavel.Ulbrich@vscht.cz
Faculty of Chemical Engineering: b Karel.Friess@vscht.cz
or directly the supervisor listed at the chosen Topic of PhD study.