There are three steps in applying for a study stay at UCT, Prague
- Nomination by the sending institution
- Selection of suitable courses / Finding a supervisor (for traineeships)
- Submitting application documents
1. Nomination by the sending institution
Nominations shall be sent by the sending institution - International Office or student's supervisor - by email to email@example.com
Nomination deadlines for studies*:
Winter Semester or Full Academic Year
- 30 June
- The third country national students must submit their application documents until 31.5.2019 due to the long lasting visa process.
- Admission process opens 1 April
- 30 November
- The third country national students must submit their application documents until 31.10.2019 due to the long lasting visa process.
- Admission process opens 1 September
Nominations for traineeships are accepted during the whole academic year.
Minimum length of a traineeship is 2 months.
*students visiting courses during the whole semester
Courses are divided into blocks A, B and C
- Students can combine only courses from block A and C or B and C but do NOT mix courses from A and B
Catalogues for 2018/2019
Please read carefully syllabus, requirements, and other important information related to individual courses to avoid any misunderstandings later.
- Students arriving for studies can choose from courses available for Erasmus+ programme
- The language of instructions: English
- Students can choose only within the respective level (Bachelor or Master). Do not combine courses from the Bachelor and Master level, you will not be able to follow the courses due to schedule overlaps.
- The course catalogue also includes the preliminary timetable but there is a possibility that the dates and times will be changed.
n Due to a large number of courses offered, some schedule overlaps might occur even if you follow the instruction.
UCT Prague uses ECTS grading scale and credit system.
To view detailed information about the courses, click on the course code.
Catalogues for 2019/2020
the new catalogue for 2019/2020 is not final yet and is being regularly updated.
UCT Prague cannot guarantee that all the courses included in the catalogue will be open. Students will be informed about the final course offer during the Enrollment day in September. Students will be allowed to change their Learning Agreement during the first 3 weeks of the semester.
2. Traineeships: Finding a supervisor
Students applying for a traineeship are expected to find a supervisor at UCT, Prague with the help of our faculty International Coordinators.
Below you can find links to our faculties’ websites together with contact information to faculty International Coordinators.
On the websites, there is information about the faculty’s departments and their current research. After you will choose a faculty and topic/area of your research, please contact the faculty’s coordinator, who can help you find a suitable supervisor. You are also welcome to address a potential supervisor directly (in this case please keep the faculty coordinator in copy).
In your email to the faculty coordinator/potential supervisor there is space to introduce yourself, present your experiences and background, state how long traineeship you would like to take, describe what area you are interested in etc. Following attachments should be included:
- Transcript of records
- Motivational letter for the specific laboratory/research topic
After you will have a supervisor, the Department of International Relations ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) should receive a written confirmation from him/her (by email), that you are accepted for a traineeship and at which dates.
Once you are accepted for a traineeship it is only possible to cancel the traineeship in exceptional cases (good reason should be provided, it has to be announced enough time in advance). This is because our laboratories are reserving the place for you (other applicants might be rejected, reservations for instruments are done, coworkers are registered for you etc.) which makes it very complicated for us to cancel the planned traineeships at last minute.
International Faculty Coordinators
Doc. Ing. Pavel Novák, Ph.D.
Ing. Marek Šír, Ph.D.
Ing. Irena Kolouchová, Ph.D.
Ing. Pavel Hrnčiřík, Ph.D
Work in the laboratories involves direct contact with chemicals that might endanger the health of the student as well as put into danger the health of other persons. For this reason, the Medical assessment of fitness to study at UCT Prague is requested.
Students taking a project A, B or C and trainees have to submit the confirmed form together with their application.
3. Submitting application documents
The application documents shall be sent by email to email@example.com
Please send scans of signed documents in .pdf or picture format. UCT Prague uses no original documents anymore. If they are required by the sending institution, the original documents shall be first sent by email, then hard copies shall be sent to:
University of Chemistry and Technology
International Relations Office
166 28 Prague 6 – Dejvice
The documents will be signed and sent back to your home institution’s postal address.
Documents to be submitted:
this document shall be signed by the student
this document shall be signed by the student, by the sending university and by UCT Prague supervisor in case you are applying for a traineeship
Only one of the parts is to be filled in - studies or traineeship.
Students arriving for studies can choose from courses available for Erasmus+ programme. Course catalogue is available here.
Students arriving for a traineeship should agree with their supervisor at UCT Prague regarding details of their stay (exact dates, detailed programme, type of evaluation etc.).
Required only if English is your second language.
The minimum requirement is level B1, preferably B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The confirmation can be provided in form of internationally recognised certificate.
- Cambridge ESOL: minimum PET/FCE
- TOEFL iBT: minimum score 60
- IELTS: minimum band score 6
In case you don't have any certificate you can use following formats (all of them should be signed, stamped and include your name and your level according to CEFR):
- Certificate issued by a language center in the sending institution
- Certificate issued by a language school
- Confirmation of language knowledge confirmed by a language center or a language school
IV. Transcript of records
Transcript of records is an official list of courses you have finished during your studies with grades. The document is to be in English and confirmed by your university.
V. Confirmation of Health insurance and Liability insurance
Minimum liability insurance coverage must be at least 37 000 EUR.
This applies to students taking project A, B or C and trainees.
Completion of the application
After all 4 application documents are delivered, they will be checked by the Department of the International Relations and if everything will be alright the student will receive an email confirmation that he/she is accepted including a scan of the Learning Agreement signed by us. In case the sending institution requires an official acceptance letter, this document can be issued upon request.
Keep in mind that applications for studies have to be delivered before the deadline for the respective semester.