The information provided below applies to students who have been already officially enrolled in the studies at the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague.
- Structure of Every-day Studies
- General Study Principles
- University Structure
- UCT Computer Network: How to change a password
- UCT Email
- Study Information System
Structure of Every-day Studies 2022/2023
Structure of the Academic Year
- 7. 9. 2022 – Enrollment Day
- 19. 9. 2022 – 23. 12. 2022 – Instruction period
- 2. 1. 2023 – 10. 2. 2023 – Examination period
The winter semester ends with the fulfillment of study obligations as of February 10, 2023.
- 13. 2. 2023 – 19. 5. 2023 – Instruction period
- 22. 5. 2023 – 23. 6. 2023 – Examination period
- 29. 8. 2023 – 9. 9. 2023 – Examination period
The summer semester ends with the fulfillment of study obligations as of September 8, 2023.
There are no lessons on public holidays. Also, official offices and shops are usually closed on public holidays.
- Jan 1 – Restoration Day of the Independent Czech State
- Friday before Easter (Apr 7)
- Easter Monday (Apr 10)
- May 1 – Labour Day
- May 8 – Liberation Day
- July 5 – Saints Cyril and Methodius Day
- July 6 – Jan Hus Day
- Sep 28 – Saint Wenceslas Day
- Oct 28 – Independent Czechoslovak State Day
- Nov 17 – Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day
- Dec 24 – Christmas Eve
- Dec 25 – First Christmas Holiday
- Dec 26 – Second Christmas Holiday
Classes take place between 8:00–19:50 (8:00 AM – 7:50 PM). There may be long breaks between your classes, however not that long that it would be worth going to the dormitories and back. You can spend the breaks in break/relaxation rooms called Respirium in building B.
General Study Principles
The fundamental prerequisite for successful completion of the study is regular and active participation in lectures and practical classes.
The Dean may decide on special rules for participation in the practical classes and the Physical Education subject in case of students with an extraordinary study plan (hereinafter referred to as "ESP").
Read here about how it works with exams, credits, and grading at UCT
- Fulfillment of study obligations is bound to the continuity of study obligations. The requirements for continuity conditions are determined by the study program guarantor and the course guarantor and can be found in the Study Information System.
- Subjects are divided into Compulsory, Compulsory-elective, and Elective subjects.
- A student must successfully pass all compulsory subjects. A student has to choose a minimum of compulsory-elective subjects from the prescribed amount of compulsory-elective subjects. A student may take elective subjects per their interest.
- A student can retake the same subject a maximum of three times. In the case of a re-registered subject, the student has the same conditions for fulfilling it as during the previous registration.
- The semester ends with fulfilling all subjects prescribed by the study plan and obtaining the number of credits corresponding to at least thirty times the number of already completed semesters no later than the end of the examination period of the given semester.
- Students register/unregister for the exams via the Study Information System (SIS).
- If a student has failed to unregister from the examination for serious reasons, they may excuse their absence in advance (!) directly to the examiner.
- Unexcused absence or unrecognized excuse for absence from the exam is assessed by the classification "F".
- A student has the right to two re-sits should they fail the first term of the exam. However, they must respect the terms announced by the department conducting the subject.
- The right to re-sit an exam expires if the student has not used the opportunity to take the exam within the regular examination period.
ENROLLMENT IN THE NEXT SEMESTER
- To register for the next semester of the study program, the student must obtain at least 15 credits from compulsory and compulsory-elective subjects in the previous semester.
- To enroll in the next year of the study program, a student may lack a maximum of 15 credits out of the number of credits corresponding to thirty times the number of semesters already completed.
- Test classification:
- "A" (1,0 / excellent),
- "B" (1,5 / very good),
- "C" (2,0 / good),
- "D" (2,5 / satisfactory),
- "E" (3,0 / sufficient),
- "F" (4,0 / insufficient).
- The examination classification is published in the SIS by the examining teacher.
- ∇ Faculty of Chemical Technology (FCHT / FCT)
- ∇ Faculty of Environmental Technology (FTOP / FET)
- ∇ Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology (FPBT / FFBT)
- ∇ Faculty of Chemical Engineering (FCHI / FCE)
Do you need to deal with any study matters? Contact your Dean's office
Faculty of Chemical Technology
Vice-Dean – Ing. Ondřej Kundrát, Ph.D.
Study matters – Klára Voltrová
Faculty of Environmental Technology
Vice-Dean – Ing. Jan Bindzar, Ph.D. Ing.
Study matters – Šárka Dintarová
Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology
Vice-Dean – prof. Ing. Karel Melzoch, CSc.
Study matters – Dana Brzoňová
Faculty of Chemical Engineering
Vice-Dean - doc. Ing. Karel Řehák, CSc.
Study matters – Anna Vaněčková
Use School App EMIL (Android | Apple) to find offices, classrooms, and laboratories
Computer Network – How to Change a Password
UCT Prague Computer Network Login
As a student of the UCT Prague, you get an account in the computer network of the UCT Prague, which will allow you to:
- log in to the UCT computer network (computer study rooms, network drives ...)
- use UCT Wi-Fi "vscht"
- use the university e-mail address
- get MS Office 365 and other licenses for free
- log in to the Study Information System (SIS)
Login Details: Password Change
You will get the username (login), and the initial password on Enrollment Day from the admission officer.
You have to change the initial password before using it. On Enrollment Day, you will be guided on how to do that. Alternatively, follow the instructions below:
- Enter the school e-mail via the web interface at https://mailex.vscht.cz
- Fill in your username and initial password
A new page will open, where you can set your new password:
- Username: Fill in your username again
- Current password: Fill in the initial password again
- New password: Fill in a new password following the below-set rules
- Confirmation of the new password: Repete the new password
How to Choose a Password
When choosing a new password, you must comply with the following requirements:
- cannot be the same as your previous passwords
- must not contain a username
- must contain at least 12 characters from at least three of the following groups:
- uppercase letters of the English alphabet (A-Z)
- lowercase letters of the English alphabet (a-z)
- numbers (0-9)
- special characters like:! @ # $. , + - space, etc.
- the password must not contain accents or other characters of your national alphabet
The password has a limited validity – after a certain period, the UCT Prague systems will require a password change again.
School Email Address
The school email can be accessed at https://mailex.vscht.cz
Your school email, with the address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org, will work immediately.
We recommend checking this e-mail regularly. Official electronic communication between a student and the UCT concerning study matters occurs only through the assigned school email address.
You can set up the forwarding of information to your personal e-mail.
Study Information System (SIS)
Study Information System is a platform that UCT Prague uses to provide students with information regarding matters connected to their studies. You access SIS at the address: https://student.vscht.cz or through the university app EMIL (download here Android | Apple).
What You Can Find in SIS
- Syllabuses of subjects
- Enrollment to Exams
- Personal Details
- Tuition Fee Payment Details
The login and password are the same as in the school email. (You will not be able to log in with the initial password!)
Schedule and Elective Subjects
First-year students are already registered for compulsory subjects in the winter semester. On Enrollment Day, students will visit Dean's offices to choose compulsory-elective subjects.
Bachelor degree students also have to register for Physical Education or Sport Course. Find more information about the physical education and sports courses at the website of the Department of Physical Education and Sport.
Students shall contact their respective Dean's office in order to learn the rules for enrollment into the summer semester as the rules may differ from faculty to faculty.
Script Shop and Rental of Script
is located on the ground floor of the National Technical Library opposite Building A.