Bachelor and Master level : 31st March - ADMISSION IS OPEN NOW!
- more information bellow on this page
PhD level :
Standard PhD programmes - 15th April - ADMISSION WILL BE OPEN FROM 15TH FEBRUARY 2020
- more information see on separate Admission Proceedings to PhD page
PhD Double degree pragrammes
Second round -15th April 2020 - ADMISSION WILL BE OPEN FROM 15TH FEBRUARY 2020
- more information see on separate Admission Proceedings to Double degree PhD page
Bachelor and Master level
Online applications for Bc / MSc studies are accepted from 10th January.
Firstly, all application documents in the required format shall be scanned as a separate attachment, each of them properly named (in the format: Surname_name of the attachment).
Secondly, you shall upload the application documents into the ONLINE APPLICATION.
The deadline is 31st March.
R Applications received after the deadline or applications delivered in incorrect form or style will be disregarded.
The required application documents include :
- Verified Diploma with Diploma supplement (Master degree applicants) OR Graduation certificate with Transcript of records (Bachelor degree applicants), i.e. the list of all subjects studied in last 4 years at secondary school, including the number of hours for individual subjects. Example of a suitable Transcript is available here >. If you have not finished your current studies yet, provide a study confirmation with a clearly indicated date of graduation issued by your University/ secondary school instead of Diploma/Graduation certificate.
- Recognition (Nostrification) certificate of your previous education shall be submitted by the date of Enrolment at the latest.
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of English language knowledge
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport (only the page with your picture and personal data)
- Certified translation of Birth certificate or similar document providing evidence of date and place of birth (NOT an ID or passport).
- Recent Health certificate >(not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution
- List of publications and other outcomes of scientific work (relevant for PhD applicants only)
All application documents must be originals or officially certified / notarized copies, verified along with > international agreements. They must be accompanied with a translation into English or Czech (also certified/notarized), if in any other language. Simple copies are not considered official documents and will not be accepted.
Only PDF files will be accepted.
If you are admitted to studies, hard copies of the above mentioned documents shall be delivered by 15th August to:
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
Department of International Relations
166 28 Prague 6
UCT Prague reserves the right to refuse an Application provided all the above-mentioned enclosures are not delivered and are not in the required form and style.
More information regarding the application materials
only originals / certified copies of Diploma with Diploma Supplement or Graduation Certificate with Transcript of Records can be submitted for Nostrification. The Diploma / Graduation certificate must be verified for international use in the country which issued the document > along with international agreements
Applicants for Bachelor Degree Programme
Applicants are supposed to have completed secondary education at a level equivalent to Czech secondary education and possess required qualifications. Whether the education acquired outside the Czech Republic is equivalent will be determined by the means of Nostrification, which is executed by Prague City Hall (> form to download). For more information see Recognition of Education Required Outside the Czech Republic or read a manual on How to proceed.
Make sure you sumbit you application for Nostrification timely as the processing time can reach up to 60 days.
Applicants for Master / Doctoral Degree Programme
Applicants are supposed to have acquired Bachelor / Master degree in a related field of study. The level of their university degree must be equivalent to the level of a Czech university Bachelor / Master degree. Whether the education acquired outside the Czech Republic is equivalent will be determined by the means of Nostrification, which can be executed by a public university that runs a study programme similar in terms and content, i.e. the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (> form to download). For more information see Recognition of Education Required Outside the Czech Republic or read a manual on How to proceed
Nostrification fee of 3 000,- CZK must be paid before the process starts. Make sure you pay the fee timely to avoid processing delays. For payment information please visit our website.
Certificate of English language knowledge
UCT Prague requires students to have a good command of English in order to study successfully. You must provide us with proof of your English language skills.
Non-Native English Speaker
non-native speakers are required to prove the language competence of B2+ according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Recognised Certificates are Cambridge ESOL: minimum FCE, TOEFL iBT: minimum score 80, IELTS: minimum band score 5.0
Other Acceptable Formats:
> Confirmation of language knowledge confirmed by a language center or a language school. The confirmation will only be accepted if it confirms the minimum language level B2 and above.
Native English Speakers/ Studies in English language
Students whose mother tongue is English or who study a degree programme in English at their home university are excluded from this obligation.
The selection procedure of all applications takes place at UCT Prague during May. The application materials will be assessed to determine successful applicants. Applicants shall be notified about their acceptance / non-acceptance after 10th June (Bachelor and Master) OR by the end of June (PhD).
Master and PhD degree applicants who will have to sit an interview will be notified in advance. Interviews will be held in the period of 1st May - 31st May.