UCT Prague cooperates with partner universities in Europe on joint doctoral study programmes.
What is a “Double-Degree” programme?
It is doctoral study programme that is leading to two diplomas from both home university as well as partner university. Student works on one dissertation, the study programmes are fully integrated between collaborating universities and include specialized courses at home university and one interdisciplinary at partner university.
Each successful applicant signs individual contract about doctoral double degree based on his/her particular situation (research area, supervisor’s requirements, home university requirements etc.). The contract is signed between UCT Prague and student’s home university.
Requirements for doctoral double degree contract:
- Student has to agree with two supervisors – one from the home university, one from UCT Prague
- Student has to be accepted by his/her supervisor to PhD studies at UCT Prague
- Student has to be accepted to PhD studies at his/her home university
- UCT Prague and student’s home university have to have a joint double degree study programme (list of offered programmes below)
- If there is not a current joint programme, there is a possibility to sign an individual agreement, if a general agreement of cooperation (Memorandum of Understanding) exists – list of currently valid agreements.
Contact persons at UCT Prague
First contact (study matter) - Contact person of each double degree study programme.
In terms of cooperation with partner universities no tuition is required. Students are expected to cover any additional costs themselves.
What are the advantages?
Besides improved employability of graduates, there is emphasis on research activity coupled with a possibility to lead small research groups. The program inherently strengthens professional language knowledge. There are possibilities to gain practical skills thanks to cooperation with partner companies such as Zentiva, Zeva, Contipro, Lonza Biotec or in practically oriented departments of Czech Academy of Sciences, where are practical traineeships available. Last but not least there is excellent support of students, including motivational scholarships.
Double degree programmes offered
There are 8 programmes at 4 faculties