PhD Programmes in English
PhD studies at UCT Prague
Admission is OPEN now till April 15th 2021.
UCT Prague has over 800 doctoral students conducting cutting-edge research work in all of its four faculties.
Doctoral students work closely with their advisors, primarily as scientific assistants, assisting with research projects in addition to completing any required coursework. The UCT Prague doctoral experience also includes opportunities for teaching and of course, writing and defending a doctoral dissertation related to the research projects.
Doctoral students at the UCT Prague can complete their studies either as full-time students or as a combination of full-time and distance learning. Each student’s doctoral experience is always tailored to the needs of the individual student, according to the pace at which requirements are completed. The standard length of the doctoral study programme is four years, according to current accreditation requirements.
It is essential when applying for doctoral studies that you find an advisor who will guide you through the entire duration of your PhD studies.
See the admission requirements.
PhD Double Degree at UCT Prague
8 PhD Double Degree Study Programmes with UCT Prague participation
It is NOW possible to apply for admission to our PhD Double programmes. Please, submit your application before 15 April 2021.
- Time to complete: Four years
- One dissertation, fully integrated study programmes (specialized courses at home university and interdisciplinary course at partner university)
- Two diplomas from both home as well as partner university
Faculties and Research at UCT Prague
|Faculty of Chemical Technology (FCT)||
Chemistry and Technology of Materials
Chemistry and Chemical Technology
|Faculty of Environmental Technology (FET)||
Chemistry and Technology of Fuels
Environmental Chemistry and Technology
|Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology (FFBT)||
The Faculty is comprised of seven departments, each pursuing research in such areas as food chemistry, quality, safety and innovations, process engineering, biotechnology for food industry, environmental protection and therapeutic applications, molecular biology and biochemistry, chemistry of natural compounds, and organic synthesis. Numerous projects are interdisciplinary and take advantage from broad collaborations on national and international scale.
|Faculty of Chemical Engineering (FCE)||
Research is divided into six main streams:
Research and Development
Notable prior efforts include:
- RECOBA, Assoc. Prof. Juraj Kosek, Cross-sectorial real-time sensing, advanced control and optimisation of batch processes saving energy and raw materials
- PARTIAL-PGMs, Assoc. Prof. Petr Kočí, Development of novel, high Performance hybrid TWV/GPF Automotive afteR treatment systems by raTIonAL design: substitution of PGMs and Rare earth materials
- SElySOs, Prof. Karel Bouzek, Development of new electrode materials and understanding of degradation mechanisms on Solid Oxide High Temperature Electrolysis Cells
- SuPER-W, Prof. Pavel Jeníček, Assoc. Prof. Jan Bartáček, Sustainable Product, Energy and Resource Recovery from Wastewater
- FoodSmartphone, Prof. Jana Hajšlová, Monika Tomaniová, PhD, Smartphone analyzers for on-site testing of food quality and safety
- MultiCoop, Prof. Jana Hajšlová, Monika Tomaniová, PhD, Multidisciplinary approach to strengthen cooperation and establish novel platform for comprehensive assessment of food and feed safety
- AUTHENT-NET, Prof. Jana Hajšlová, Monika Tomaniová, PhD, AUTHENT-NET – Food Authenticity Research Network
- SCICHALLENGE, Petr Holzhauser, MSc, Next generation science challenges using participatory techniques and digital media